Real Estate Lawyer & Closing Attorney in Huntersville, NC
Buying and selling real estate can be an overwhelming prospect. Whether you’re buying your first house or listing a commercial property for sale, you need an experienced real estate attorney by your side. That’s where Matheson Law Firm, P.A. comes in. We have served the Huntersville area since 2005. If you’re looking for personalized services and sound legal advice, we have you covered, and we are ready to protect your interests.
Call (704) 439-1350 or schedule a consultation with our real estate law firm in Huntersville. We look forward to helping you every step of the way.
Our Real Estate Law Services in Huntersville, NC
Some people believe a realtor is the only professional needed in a real estate transaction. However, it’s common for legal issues to crop up with titles, contracts, and closings. Seeking advice from an attorney early on can save you time, money, and hassle in the long run. Here are the services Matheson Law Firm provides:
- Closings: Closing day is a huge milestone in the real estate transaction process. If something unexpected arises, it could create huge setbacks. Make sure you’re prepared to handle anything with help from a real estate lawyer. We can review your documents, receive and disburse the closing proceeds, and provide recording services to streamline the process for you.
- Remote closings: If you’re buying property from out of state, getting to the title office to sign paperwork could be a tremendous inconvenience. Luckily, remote closing is now an option for long-distance buyers to finalize the transaction. We can help you with this process to keep your real estate investment as convenient as possible.
- Document preparation: Stacks of paperwork are involved when real estate property changes hands. Matheson Law Firm can help you complete and file settlement statements, deeds, security instruments, and powers of attorney.
- Title searches: Ideally, you should research the history of a property before buying it. With title search services from Matheson Law Firm, we can help you uncover liens or easements that could hinder your future ownership or refinancing plans.
- Title insurance: Even skilled title professionals may not find all underlying problems with a title, such as filing errors, forgeries, or undisclosed heirs. To protect your right to occupy and use the space you invested in, you need title insurance. Your mortgage company may even require it. We’ll help you buy peace of mind by securing title insurance for you.
When to Work with a Real Estate Attorney in Huntsville
Experienced real estate lawyers take classes and exams explaining the ins and outs of real estate contracts. They are also required to complete continuing education on subjects such as buyer’s agency, ethics, distressed property sales, and more. Generally, it makes sense to work with a real estate attorney when:
- You’re a first-time property buyer or seller.
- You live out of state.
- The property is a short sale or owned by the bank.
- The transaction is part of an estate sale.
- You’re dealing in commercial property.
- The property is restricted by judgments or liens.
- The property has structural issues.
When in doubt, hire a real estate attorney. The peace of mind you garner is priceless.
Contact Us for Superior Real Estate Legal Services in Huntersville, NC
Why risk the outcome of your transaction when you can work with a qualified real estate attorney in Huntersville? Matheson Law Firm is dedicated to protecting our clients’ interests and successfully completing the real estate transaction. We present options, not obstacles, to help you get from point A to point B with the least amount of resistance possible.
To schedule a consultation, please call (704) 439-1350 or contact Matheson Law Firm online today.