Real Estate Transaction Legal Services in Lincolnton
Are you preparing to purchase a residential or commercial property? This process can be overwhelming, which is why you need the experienced guidance of a reputable real estate attorney in North Carolina.
Bringing more than 20 years’ experience to every transaction we handle, Matheson Law Firm, P.A. is the partner you can trust when you’re looking for excellent real estate legal services in and around the Lincolnton area. We are prepared to guide you through the process, protect your interests, and streamline your upcoming transaction to make it as convenient and stress-free as possible.
Don’t tackle your real estate purchase alone—call (704) 439-1350 or contact Matheson Law Firm online to schedule a consultation with our trusted real estate lawyer today.
What Do Real Estate Attorneys Do?
At Matheson Law Firm, our job is to oversee your real estate transaction to ensure a peaceful, amenable outcome. We take over as soon as the selling price and terms have been set. While our services are always tailored to our clients’ specific needs, in general, we:
- Review contracts
- Assist with title searches
- Prepare documents
- Aid with escrow and settlement
- Provide support during the closing process in case any last-minute issues arise
If you’re buying or selling real estate, contact us early on, and we’ll assist you every step of the way. Our services include:
- Closings: Don’t be overwhelmed by the closing process—let Matheson Law Firm review your documents, receive and disburse the closing proceeds, and provide recording services.
- Remote closings: Home sellers can often skip closings by providing pre-signed paperwork and wiring the proceeds to a bank account. Out-of-state buyers now also have a more convenient option than flying into town to sign paperwork. In a remote closing, we’ll help you close the deal to ensure a speedy, stress-free process, no matter where you live.
- Document preparation: Completing and filing all the paperwork associated with real estate transactions can be time-consuming and stressful. Matheson Law Firm can take care of all of your real estate document preparation needs. We handle settlement statements, deeds, security instruments, and powers of attorney related to the transaction.
- Title searches: It’s important to delve into a property’s history before you purchase it. Our title search services uncover any encumbrances, such as liens and easements, that could interfere with your future ownership. This way, you go into the transaction with your eyes wide open.
- Title insurance: This coverage protects you from title hazards that may threaten your investment. We’ll help you obtain the right title insurance, providing peace of mind following a real estate transaction.
Why You Need Real Estate Legal Services in North Carolina
Some states have laws mandating the involvement of a real estate lawyer at closing. North Carolina is such a state. There are plenty of additional reasons for both buyers and sellers to consult with a closing attorney. Here are some scenarios when it makes sense:
- You’re a first-time buyer or seller.
- You’re making a long-distance transaction.
- The property is bank-owned or undergoing a short sale.
- The transaction is part of an estate sale.
- You’re buying or selling commercial property.
- There are judgments or liens on the property.
- There are structural issues with the property.
- You want to minimize the chances something could go wrong with the transaction.
Schedule a Consultation With an Experienced Real Estate Lawyer in Lincolnton
Real estate transactions can be complicated, and partnering with the right professionals can go a long way towards protecting your interests and real estate investment. With help from Matheson Law Firm, you can be confident that you’re teaming up with experienced professionals who will provide you with sound advice, time-saving services, and peace of mind during the closing process.
Contact us online or call us at (704) 439-1350 to learn more about our personalized real estate legal services in and around Lincolnton.