Experienced Real Estate Closing Attorney in Charlotte, NC Area
Closing on a real estate deal marks an exciting milestone in your transaction, but it can be overwhelming to undertake alone. Having a real estate agent by your side is helpful, but a non-attorney professional may be unable to handle unexpected legal issues that can arise. To avoid the potential for added costs, delays, and other setbacks, partner with an experienced real estate lawyer who can guide you at every step of the process.
Bringing more than 20 years’ experience to every transaction we handle, Matheson Law Firm, P.A. is the partner you can trust when it’s time to navigate the real estate closing process. We have handled a wide range of real estate transactions, effectively protecting our clients’ interests as they seal the deal on their purchase or sale!
For help with your upcoming real estate closing in the Charlotte area, please call (704) 946-7976 or contact Matheson Law Firm online.
What Does a Real Estate Closing Attorney Do?
A real estate lawyer at Matheson Law Firm can oversee the entire closing process to ensure it proceeds as smoothly as possible. Our team can assist you with services like:
- Reviewing documents: Many documents need to be completed, signed, and exchanged during closing. From titles and deeds to insurance forms and security instruments, we’ll review everything and resolve any legal issues that may arise.
- Providing recording services: Certain aspects of real estate transactions will be public information. Recording is when your deed and/or mortgage is filed with the county, dated, time-stamped, and sometimes uploaded to a website for public access. Recording is vital to prevent ownership disputes. It can also be essential to qualifying for a mortgage. We’ll handle this for you to ensure it’s done correctly.
- Receiving and disbursing closing proceeds: The closing is exciting for both homebuyers and sellers. Buyers receive ownership of the property, and sellers take the proceeds of the sale. We disburse closing proceeds to facilitate the process and prevent any issues.
Benefits of Hiring a Real Estate Closing Attorney
If you’re buying, selling, or refinancing a property, consider these reasons to hire a real estate closing attorney in Charlotte:
- Protect your rights and interests: The people typically present at the closing include the property buyer and seller, a real estate broker, and a title closer. It’s also common for attorneys to represent the buyer, seller, and lender. If you’re the only party without an attorney, your rights and interests may be at risk.
- Receive legal counsel: A real estate purchase is probably one of the largest investments you’ll ever make, and legal issues can arise at various phases of the process. Matheson Law Firm can provide critical legal advice and support whenever issues may arise—a real estate agent cannot. We can also help you take steps to minimize the risk of legal issues during the transaction process.
- Enjoy peace of mind: Whether you have questions about the amount and fairness of closing costs or you want to be sure the deed and security instruments are completed and filed correctly, having a closing attorney by your side will put your mind at ease.
We Work With Real Estate Agents in Charlotte, Huntersville & Cornelius
All great real estate agents know that real estate attorneys are required for real estate service. We will help make this process as painless as possible by ensuring you and your real estate clients are protected from unwanted issues and getting the home closed as soon as possible.
Learn more about our real estate attorneys and how our team is able to help yours – call (704) 946-7976 today.
Retain an Experienced Real Estate Closing Attorney in Charlotte
If you’re buying, selling, or refinancing real estate, an attorney can safeguard your interests and investments throughout the closing process. Matheson Law Firm offers comprehensive closing services so you can be confident that the transaction is completed as efficiently and favorably as possible.
To speak with a real estate closing attorney in Charlotte, please call (704) 946-7976 or contact us online today.