Real Estate Document Preparation Services in the Charlotte, NC Area
Are you preparing to purchase your first home? Perhaps you’re in the midst of selling a commercial property. Completing and filing all the paperwork associated with the transaction can be time-consuming and overwhelming to do alone. Additionally, if mistakes are made, you may end up facing added costs, delays, or complications.
Matheson Law Firm, P.A. provides hassle-free real estate document preparation services to protect your interests and facilitate the process. Instead of spending countless hours completing the paperwork yourself, retain an experienced real estate attorney who can handle it for you.
Contact Matheson Law Firm online or call (704) 439-1350 to consult with a trusted real estate lawyer about document preparation services for your residential or commercial property transaction.
Real Estate Document Preparation Services in Charlotte
The team at Matheson Law Firm has vast experience preparing and managing all types of real estate legal documents, including:
- Settlement statements: Also known as closing statements, settlement statements are the documents administered when a buyer borrows funds to complete a purchase. We prepare and review these and other mortgage-related forms for our clients.
- Deeds: Legal documents must be drafted with great care to ensure the legal protection of property when it trades ownership. Matheson Law Firm can assist with preparing a range of deeds for residential and commercial real estate, including quitclaim deeds.
- Security instruments: Banks ask borrowers to sign a security instrument when taking out a loan. This is a legal document that gives the lender a security interest in the property. Examples of security instruments include mortgages, liens, and deeds of trust. We prepare and review these documents to make sure your rights, interests, and investment are properly safeguarded.
- Powers of attorney: If you can’t attend your closing, it’s helpful to have a power of attorney, a document that gives another person the legal authority to act on your behalf. Matheson Law Firm can help you decide if you need a power of attorney and assist with preparing a sound legal document for you.
Benefits of Professional Real Estate Document Preparation
When you partner with a real estate attorney to help you prepare and review documents, you can enjoy benefits like:
- Saving time and avoiding hassle: If you have a hectic schedule, you don’t have the luxury of spending hours on real estate document preparation. Let Matheson Law Firm tackle this time-consuming and stressful process so you can focus on other aspects of the transaction.
- Keeping the deal on track: Incorrectly prepared documents could delay or even derail a real estate transaction. You don’t need this kind of headache. Invest in professional document preparation services for a smooth process from start to finish.
- Enjoying peace of mind: Preparing real estate documents can be complicated. Are you certain you’re completing them correctly? You could end up wasting time and dealing with legal trouble down the road if you don’t file everything correctly the first time around. With help from Matheson Law Firm, you can rest at ease. The peace of mind our services provide is truly priceless.
We Work With Real Estate Agents in Charlotte, Huntersville & Cornelius
All great real estate agents know that real estate attorneys are required for real estate service. We will help make this process as painless as possible and make sure you and your real estate clients are protected from unwanted issues and get the home closed as soon as possible.
Learn more about our real estate attorneys and how our team is able to help yours — call (704) 439-1350 today.
Find Out More About Document Preparation Services
Since real estate purchases are likely among the largest investments you’ll make in your lifetime, you want to ensure they pay off. Preparing and filing your paperwork correctly is an important aspect of successful real estate transactions.
Before you make another move to finalize your deal, find out if Matheson Law Firm can help. Our services can save you time and lower your stress level during the complicated process of transferring property ownership.
To request document preparation services in Charlotte, please call (704) 439-1350 or contact Matheson Law Firm online.
Frequently Asked Questions
What kind of legal documents can a real estate attorney help me with?
The real estate attorneys at Matheson Law Firm can assist you in preparing and managing settlement statements, deeds, security instruments, powers of attorney, and more. We help you save time so you can focus on other aspects of your real estate transaction.
Why do I need a power of attorney for my real estate closing?
You don’t always need a power of attorney for a real estate closing. However, if you’re unable to attend the closing, it can be helpful to have a power of attorney so your lawyer can act on your behalf.
Which document is the most important at closing?
A deed is the most critical closing document as it confirms the seller transfers all rights and stakes in the property to the buyer. Deeds typically include a detailed property description and are signed by both parties. They’re then recorded with the county, so there’s always a permanent record of the real estate transaction.
What is a final closing statement?
Once the closing agent obtains closing instructions or a lender’s disclosure, they prepare a final closing statement. This system typically includes items like fees, charges, and prorations, as well as the total amount due from the seller and buyer.
Are there any post-closing documents required in a real estate transaction?
Once the closing is complete, the settlement agent or closing company forwards payment to any involved parties. They also send the original signed lender documents back to the mortgage holder, and the deed and mortgage are delivered to the local Register of Deeds office. Lastly, title insurance policies are prepared and sent to the buyer and their lender.