Real Estate Lawyer & Closing Attorney in Cornelius, NC
Are you interested in buying a bank-owned property? Perhaps, you’re about to sell a property you inherited, or maybe you suspect the commercial building you want to purchase has structural damage. These are all prime reasons to hire a real estate attorney.
At Matheson Law Firm, P.A., we provide our customers in Cornelius, North Carolina with personalized advice, sound legal counsel, and time-saving services. With us by your side, you’ll have peace of mind from the time you find a potential property through closing day and beyond.
If you could use help coordinating the efforts of buyers, sellers, agents, and lenders, please call
(704) 439-1350 or schedule a consultation with our experienced real estate attorney in Cornelius.
How Our Real Estate Legal Services Can Help You Seal the Deal
Purchasing a new home or selling a commercial property can be overwhelming. If legal complications arise, non-attorney real estate agents are rarely equipped to handle them. That’s why it can be beneficial to hire an agent and an attorney.
Real estate lawyers take continuing education courses on real estate contracts, buyer’s agency, ethics, distressed property sales, and other essential topics. Knowledge in these areas is crucial to protecting your interests whenever you’re involved in a real estate transaction.
Consider the many ways Matheson Law Firm can assist with your upcoming property purchase or sale:
- Closings: You don’t want to face the complications of closing day without a knowledgeable attorney by your side. Matheson Law Firm facilitates the process by reviewing documents for buyers and borrowers, receiving and disbursing the closing proceeds, and providing recording services.
- Remote closings: Sellers have had the option of closing real estate deals from afar for many years. Thankfully, remote closing is now an option for long-distance buyers as well. We’ll help you finalize the transaction on closing day so you don’t have to fly into town and sign paperwork at the title office.
- Document preparation: If your busy schedule prevents you from completing and filing stacks of paperwork, get help with this arduous task from a skilled attorney. Not only will you save time, but you can also rest assured that all your documents—including settlement statements, deeds, security instruments, and powers of attorney—are all filed correctly.
- Title searches: Digging through county records is the only way to learn the history of the property you want to buy. This tells you if any unresolved issues, such as liens or easements, could interfere with your future ownership. Call us today to begin your title search before completing your transaction.
- Title insurance: This simple insurance protects your right to occupy and use the space you invested in, even if errors, forgeries, or undisclosed heirs turn up later. You only pay for title insurance once, but coverage lasts for as long as you own your home.
Why Choose Matheson Law Firm for Real Estate Legal Services in Cornelius?
Since 2005, Douglas P. Matheson and the rest of the Matheson Law Firm team have provided exceptional services to our clients in the Cornelius area. We have several decades of combined experience, enabling us to oversee real estate transactions accurately and professionally. Let us remove any roadblocks from your path as you take the next big step in your life!
Contact an Experienced Real Estate Lawyer in Cornelius, NC
Don’t let just any real estate attorney guide you through the complex process of buying and selling property—trust the knowledgeable team at Matheson Law Firm to provide the help you need. Our real estate legal services begin with a consultation to learn more about you, so please contact us today to set up an appointment!